Monday May 08, 2017
04:00 PM to 05:00 PM
S9. Case Study: How to Ask for Funding for an Information Governance Program
Often the biggest challenge of launching an Information Governance program is securing funding. Learn how your IG funding proposal can rise above the noise of other funding requests.
This session will discuss smart strategies for obtaining funding for an information governance program. This will include:
IG messaging for senior management
- Peer benchmarking
- Realistic ROI development, and
- Case studies of successful funding.
Key Issues This Session Will Address
- How you compete for funding when budgets are very limited?
- How your IG program can get funded when there’s lots of budgetary “noise” – especially given the esoteric nature of IG?
- How to get senior your management to recognize the need for IG?
Key Takeaways from this Session
This session will deliver proven strategies for getting your program funded. Attendees will:
- Learn about strategies for determining how much to ask for and when, whether you should you seek full funding, or whether you should take an incremental approach.
- Learn how to create IG funding messages that resonate with senior management.
- Learn how to develop an IG Return on Investment with ROI metrics, including four categories of ROI as well as anecdotal and formal models
- Learn from survey results of who typically pays for IG, and which groups typically fund what parts of an IG program.
- Find ways to get out of the “approved but not funded” trap.
- Develop techniques to benchmark your organization against peers, and other tactics that will get them to take notice.
- Explore funding case studies of how other in-house practitioners have garnered funding.
Information Governance professionals understand the value IG programs bring to an organization. The challenge is to effectively communicate that value to senior management.
Join us for informative insights on how to move your program’s funding from “should do” to “will do.”