Monday May 07, 2018
10:45 AM to 12:00 PM
S2. The Future of Blockchain: A Panel Discussion
A growing chorus of voices are saying that blockchain technology holds the potential not only to transform the financial sector, but also to be “the next big thing” in terms of changing how we work, how we communicate, and how we document those activities. Our panel will explore how blockchain and distributed ledger technologies are being adopted in both the private and public sectors, and the impact these technologies will be having in changing recordkeeping practices, in improving security, and in establishing greater trust online.
KEY ISSUES THIS SESSION WILL ADDRESS
- Is blockchain technology for real? Is the hype justified?
- Will blockchain technology transform business as we know it?
- Does blockchain technology offer the security solution we have been looking for?
- How will blockchain technology impact Information Governance and recordkeeping practices?
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS SESSION
Attendees of this session will:
- Hear from a set of industry analysts and legal professionals their points of view on the future impacts on business of blockchain technology.
- Gain a better understand how blockchain works.
- Explore ways in which blockchain will affect Information Governance and Recordkeeping within organizations.
BOTTOM LINE FROM THIS SESSION
Blockchain is in the news every single day. Far beyond the cryptocurrencies of Bitcoin and others, blockchain is now being adopted by numerous types of businesses and organizations looking to take advantage of the capabilities provided by Distributed Ledger Technology. Is this hype or is this the future? Attend this compelling panel discussion to find out.