MER18 Pre-Conference Sessions
ICRM Exam Preparation: Preparing for the Examination – Nick DeLaurentis (ICRM)
Day 1 Sunday, May 6, 2018: 10 AM – 5 PM ICRM Exam Prep Workshop (Parts 1-5)
Day 2 Monday, May 7, 2018: 1 PM – 5 PM ICRM Exam Prep Workshop (Part 6)
Register for the one day session or two day session.
Have you considered or are you actively pursuing a formal certification in the field of Records and Information Management (RIM)? Do you want to enhance your professional credentials and experience as you consider or continue your career in this important discipline? With an unprecedented amount of change affecting the entire world of Records and Information Management, there is no better time to consider a formal professional certification in this space.
The Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) is an international body for certifying the best information and records management professionals. ICRM certification continues to be the gold standard for records managers to advance their skills and competencies and ultimately their RIM careers.
Attaining ICRM Certification is based on educational background, professional work experience and successful completion of Parts 1-6 for the Certified Records Manager (CRM) or Parts 2-4 for the Certified Records Analyst (CRA):
- Part 1 – Management Principles and the Records and Information (RIM) Program
- Part 2 – Records and Information: Creation and Use
- Part 3 – Records Storage, Retrieval, Conversion, and Facilities
- Part 4 – Records Appraisal, Retention, Protection and Disposition
- Part 5 – Technology
- Part 6 – Business Case
Parts 1 through 5 each consist of 100 multiple-choice questions and are based on fundamental records and information management practices, and represent best practices in the profession. These questions are chosen as equally as possible from all parts of the Annotated Outlines. Part 6 consists of two business cases, essay questions and requires well-thought, detailed responses in a business case format.
There is no better way to prepare for the ICRM certification process than to attend these sessions designed to prepare you with the knowledge, tools and strategies for passing this rigorous examination. The information shared by ICRM professionals will be invaluable to you as you achieve your certification.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THESE SESSIONS
Attendees will receive:
- An introduction to ICRM Certification (with an overview of qualifications to become a Candidate),
- A detailed overview of the material covered in Parts 1-5 (including 20 sample questions for each part),
- An overview of Part 6, the case study portion of the exam, with strategic tips for passing as well as the Pearson VUE electronic testing environment.
Technological advances have forever altered the way in which people and business communicate and these changes impact records and information management. There is no better time to prepare for an exciting career in this space and gaining the CRA or CRM designation is a valuable way to advance your professional career.
Enhancing Your Leadership Skills: How to Be a Strategic Partner While Helping Your Organization Implement Better IG – Debra Sabatini Hennelly (CES)
Effective leadership of Information Governance requires greater understanding of your personal strengths, and a broader toolkit of skills and strategies for influencing and leading others. Participants will:
• Identify and unlock personal strengths to address the unique leadership challenges of effective Information Governance, using their results from the Gallup StrengthsFinder™ online assessment;
• Gain knowledge and skills required to be a more effective change agent and versatile leader, in order to develop effective and sustainable Information Governance processes and systems; and
• Learn techniques and strategies for influencing behavior across the organization to better support Information Governance objectives.
This transformational experience will help you gain greater insight into your own personal strengths and enhance your toolkit of skills and strategies to become a more effective leader and strategic partner in your organization.
Accelerating Information Governance: Enabling your Business (AIIM Curriculum) – Jesse Wilkins (AIIM)
In this pre-con session designed by AIIM, attendees will understand what it takes to be an effective Information Governance Specialist in the Digital Age, with discussions on such topics as:
• Automating RIM tracks using Content Analytics
• Digital Records Retention & Disposal
• Security and Encryption
• Privacy and Data Protection
• System Decommissioning
Applying Change Management – The All-Important Component to Successful Information Governance – Karen Ball (Prosci)
The interactive experience will introduce a new way of thinking that will empower your work efforts. They will also leverage best practice data to:
• Assess the nature of your program, projects and resulting portfolio of change
• Define organizational leadership, manager/supervisor, and employee engagement roles and capabilities
• Understand the knowledge and skills required to be an effective change leader
• Build a plan of action aligned with your organization’s requirements
The interactive experience will introduce a new way of thinking that will empower your work efforts.
Participants will receive a copy of Prosci’s ADKAR: A MODEL FOR CHANGE and CHANGE MANAGEMENT: THE PEOPLE SIDE OF CHANGE books.