Going forward, we need to recognize four information “realities”:
- Information is the “lifeblood’ of most organizations,
- There are many different types of information,
- All information needs to be managed, and
- How information is managed should be based on value of the information being managed.
As information managers, our challenge is to:
- Participate in the process which determines the value of information.
- Oversee the implementation of automated information management processes – from the creation of information to its ultimate disposition.
- Align how information is managed so the outcomes of the information management process support our organizations’ ever-evolving needs – as defined by its business goals and its legal requirements.
In a world of extraordinary change, information managers also must be concerned about both the opportunities for, and the consequences of, change.
This Closing Keynote explores how to develop a multifaceted, multiyear plan to transform how your organization manages its information going forward – a plan that:
- Maps your strategic information governance vision to the C-Suite’s needs, and,
- Guides the successful implementation of operational projects.
In an informative and an entertaining way, this Closing Keynote will help you guide the buildout of your organization’s information management infrastructure.
Speaker: Randolph A. Kahn,Esq.